Who We Are > About Us
Who We Are
Our mission is to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
A Boys & Girls Club Provides:
- A safe place to learn and grow…
- Ongoing relationships with caring, adult professionals…
- Life-enhancing programs and character development experiences…
- Hope and opportunity.
What We Do
Our Formula for Positive Youth Development
Boys & Girls Clubs of Northwest Indiana provides targeted programs to young people who need us most. The Clubhouse environment fulfills the following elements that foster effective youth development and empower our young people to succeed:
- A Safe place to play, laugh, discover and learn during out-of-school/after-school and summer
- Fun activities that foster connections to peers and staff
- Life Changing programs that help youth advance in three key outcome areas
- Opportunities to build new skills so that kids can succeed and receive recognition for personal accomplishments
- Ongoing Supportive relationships with caring adults that foster a sense of belonging, responsibility, civility, and civic engagement
Our Key Outcome Areas
The positive, enriching Club experience helps each of our members make progress toward our priority outcomes:
- Academic Success programs ensure that our members have the support they need to succeed throughout their academic life and graduate from high school ready to pursue college or a career
- Good Character & Citizenship programs offer our members opportunities to develop leadership capabilities and make a difference in their community
- Healthy Lifestyles programs encourage our members to adopt a healthy diet, practice positive lifestyle choices and make a lifelong commitment to fitness
Our program outcomes demonstrate the positive impact we are having in our communities.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Northwest Indiana provide life-changing services to young people in 6 different areas of the Region: Cedar Lake, East Chicago, Gary, Hammond, Lake Station, and Merrillville.